Thai EGCO to Buy Stake in South Korean CCGT
www.naturalgasworld.com

Thai independent power producer, the EGCO Group, said November 14 that it will buy a 49% stake in Paju Energy Service, a South Korean operator of a natural-gas power plant in Paju City near Seoul.

EGCO’s subsidiary, Gen Plus, will sign a sale and purchase agreement later this month to buy the stake in Paju, which is itself a unit of power generator SK E&S. The value of the deal is approximately Thai baht 26.2bn ($790mn) and the transaction is expected to be completed by January 2019, EGCO said.

Paju owns and operates a 1.8 GW gas-fired combined cycle plant (CCGT) which was commissioned in February 2017. It runs on gas imported from the USA in the form of LNG. The facility supplies electricity to the Korea Electric Power Corporation, the sole off-taker of wholesale power generation in South Korea, through the Korea Power Exchange.

Following the deal, SK E&S will own a 51% stake in Paju while EGCO will own the remaining 49%.

6 months conditional neutral

Currency converter

Exchange rates

100 RUB to AMD
Bremen, Federal Republic of Germany.
100 RUB to AMD
Bremen, Federal Republic of Germany.
100 RUB to AMD
Bremen, Federal Republic of Germany.
100 USD to MAD
London, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
100 EUR to COP
Beijing, People’s Republic of China.
100 QAR to PHP
Doha, State of Qatar.
1000 RUB to INR
New Delhi, Republic of India.
5800 KRW to TWD
Beijing, People’s Republic of China.
100 TRY to AZN
Baku, Republic of Azerbaijan.
50 RSD to TRY
İstanbul, Republic of Turkey.
50 RSD to TRY
İstanbul, Republic of Turkey.
100 TRY to AZN
Baku, Republic of Azerbaijan.
289000 KRW to JPY
Beijing, People’s Republic of China.
8920 IDR to THB
Denpasar, Republic of Indonesia.
315 HKD to CNY
Central, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
1 USD to IDR
Tangerang, Republic of Indonesia.
2 SAR to INR
London, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
500 RUB to EUR
Almere Stad, Kingdom of the Netherlands.
100 RSD to TRY
Antalya, Republic of Turkey.
10 RUB to INR
Marrakesh, Kingdom of Morocco.